Monday 3 May 2010

Putting up the End of Year show

After endless amounts of marking on the walls to measure everything out, and developing a close relationship with my spirit level and tape measure and possibly a mild case of OCD, I finally got everything up hopefully nice and straight, looking as professional as a I could make it. It was interesting to do this though, as you realise how much you have to take in to account the other artists around you, in order to make it work together as much as possible. Some other tips were:
- keep the space below the painting (piece of work) larger than the one on top
- when trying to make it straight use a measuring tape AND your eye, don't just rely on one or the other

Here are some photos of my work after I'd put it up. There were some problems when arranging all the electrics, but I made a plinth to put the CD player on, then last minute made a hole in the plinth at the bottom so that the wires could run out of it efficiently. I still have to do some touch ups on the painting at the bottom of the walls but overall this is how it's going to look on the night :

No comments:

Post a Comment