Monday 3 May 2010

Bach Suites I and II

Sorry for not having posted anything on here in aages, issues with internet. BUT I've been busy in the studio and here's the second of my performance paintings that I made in response to listening to Bach Suites I and II (two of my favourite pieces of cello music). I chose a completely different colour scheme for this one according to the colours I thought would suit these pieces. It's interesting how the style is very similar to The Protecting Veil, I'm not entirely sure whether this is down to the fact that they're both pieces of cello music, done with the same tools or perhaps that's just how I deal with paint on that size of canvas. Regardless though, given the similarities, I'm showing them as a series in my upcoming show (end of year show at Kingston University). Having said that though, I'm happier with this painting than with the other one, I think it possibly shows a bit more confidence with the paint, and I just need to build up that confidence. The next plan is to get some instruments and fill them with paint then play them on to canvas/board to see what effect that has. Really wanting to go more nuts with the paint now! I actually submitted this piece for an open exhibition in Cork Street so fingers crossed! (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment