Wednesday 24 February 2010

Orchestra in the making..

I really need to get a move on with these, but I'm attempting to create an entire symphony orchestra of representational, abstract oil paintings. For each board, I'm trying to imagine the sounds of the instrument playing a piece of music in my head, then painting appropriate marks, so that hopefully a sense of rythm will find it's way into the brush strokes. The link between music and art really intrigues me, so I'm attempting to bridge the gap. Being a cellist, the first board I did was a representation of a cello. I might even try to find some recordings of solos of each instrument then try to paint from these. These are the first few that I've finished. I think by the end of it there should be about 20 different boards. Sorry the quality of the photos aren't amazing, really need to brave the photography department soon.





1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful start to your blog! Mum and I love the latest oil paintings and can see that you are enjoying working in this medium. Can't wait to see more of your orchestra as it appears.

    ReplyDelete